Effective Time Management – The Pomodoro Technique
There are only 675,450 hours in the average human life.
The Pomodoro Technique was developed by Francesco Cirillo in the 1980s when he was at university using a tomato (pomodoro) shaped timer.
This is a wonderful Time Management Framework, encouraging you to work within the time you have, rather than struggle against it.
This is how it works:
- Create your To Do List and Choose the task that you want to work on
- Choose your first task. Remove all distractions (eg mute social media notifications). Start a 25minute timer (pomodoro)
- Work until the timer rings. When the timer rings, STOP and take a short 5minute break.
- After every 4 pomodoros take a 30minute break.
- Repeat technique until task is complete.
This technique will undoubtedly help you to effectively focus and complete your tasks.